Monday, October 20, 2014

The Labyrinth and Marina


On the way to and from school, Marina passes the Church of the Redeemer.  On the adjoining lot there is a labyrinth installed in the ground using bricks to outline the path.  

I walked her home from school one afternoon while visiting there, which we do annually, and asked if she wanted to walk the “labbierinth.”  She corrected me and said, “It’s labyrinth, Grandpa!” And each time thereafter when we passed, I would say it incorrectly and each time she would correct me, getting a little more impatient each time.  

The visit ended and a year passed.


The very next year we were back and were once again walking home from school.  This time I asked her, “Do you want to walk the labyrinth?”  She was quiet for a moment and then said, “How come you didn't call it the labbierinth?”


No comments:

Post a Comment