Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Patterns

 

My wife and I married; we began a life together that has lasted a long, long time.  On all of our major adventures, whenever there was a major change in the offing, I would go and she would follow, usually after taking care of lots of details.

There were the three children, all of which I began, and she followed through.  

 There was the move to Newport News VA, our first location after college, I left, and she followed after about 6 weeks.

Then the move to our second location in Houston TX, she followed through with the movers and came ahead.  

Then the move to Europe, she followed after the house was sold and the contents were stored.  

Then the move back to Wisconsin, I left her in Europe, and she supervised the move.  

Then the move to Louisville, I went, and she followed.  

Then the sale of our business, I went to Europe, she stayed and took care of the sale.

And so it has been.

Now we are very old.  She is in the best of physical health, albeit demented, and I may have heart problems.  So, will the past be prolog; will I go first, and she follow?


No comments:

Post a Comment